11.30.2008

Piecing...

I have begun the long process of piecing each of 56 squares. Some notes:

1. Ironing is tedious, but to piece without ironing and then have to rip the seams with a straight pin because the seam ripper you thought you had has long since disappeared is unbearable.

2. "Quilting thread" is NOT good for sewing quilts with. The stitches that my machine is making are all different sizes, and I think it's because of the thread.

3. I have completed 3 squares today, and am about halfway finished with around 8 more. Whee!

4. I think I need a digital camera... I want to post pictures of all of this stuff, but the film thing is too much of a pain in the butt, and I will never do it.

Here's hoping that there was happiness on Turkey Day for all!

2 comments:

Lenny said...

i LOVE this blog! You crack me up! I can't believe you don't own a digital camera! I can't wait to see pics!! This blog will get so many hits with pictures of your Journey of quilt making!!!

Domesticrazy said...

You need the digital camera if only to record the look on your face after completing this thing. Or after you realize you made a mistake. And I have a seam ripper for you! Your life will be HELL without it!